The Immersion was simply wonderful. While I expected the improvements in my physical practice, I had no idea how much my emotional and spiritual understanding would grow. I am amazed at how increased physical strength has translated into increased inner/emotional strength.
- Sandra O.
The teacher training has helped me deepen my studentship and asana practice, expand my knowledge of yoga (physically, mentally, emotionally) and gain the skills to teach the practice that I love, all in a supportive, fun-filled environment.
- Courtney H.
My knee is literally 100% healed!!! I tell the story of how you helped me every time I meet someone about to have knee surgery. I'm eternally grateful for your gift of healing and knowledge.
- Paul O.
2018 ~ 200 Hour Teacher Training Programs ~ It’s not just for teachers!
Discover your inner potential through Bhava’s RYT 200-Hour Teacher Training Program by deepening your practice, enhancing your joy of learning and developing you inner teacher.
Bhava Yoga Studio offers a unique and accessible 200-Hour Yoga Alliance training. This immersive program offers you the tools to deepen your personal yoga practice while learning how to teach passionately, skillfully, and effectively. Teaching yoga is a way to not only teach others, but also teach yourself. You are your own teacher first and foremost. Becoming a more skilled practitioner, you are able to discover how to guide yourself through each step in the journey and develop a keen ability to help guide others with authenticity, grace and wisdom.
Practicing and teaching yoga is an art and a science that is constantly evolving. Advance your personal practice through a grounded and comprehensive range of yogic practices from postures (asana), pranayama (breath), meditation, chanting, foundational alignment techniques and modifications for all bodies. You will refine your understanding and become more skilled in practicing yoga and how to express your knowledge to others.
Maybe you’re not interested in teaching but want to learn more about yoga. This immersion into the yoga tradition is designed to provide both depth and breath so every type of learner as the opportunity to enrich their lives.
The 200 Hour programs begins in September 2019.
All trainees receive UNLIMITED FREE CLASSES at Bhava for the duration of the training.
~ A Homecoming to Your Heart ~
Study & Transform your Yoga
Lead Instructor Marisol A. Brito, YA 200-ERYT
This program is for students who are interested in deepening their understanding of yoga as well as for those interested in sharing their joy of yoga with others.
Learn practical applications of yoga in everyday life by deepening your practice, cultivating an authentic tool box and creating life long friendships with other trainees and teachers.
During this training you will:
- Deepen you Understanding of Poses
- Strengthen your Body
- Master basic Alignment Techniques
- Establish an understanding of Everyday Anatomy
- Expand you knowledge of Yoga History & Philosophy
- Develop your Meditation Practice
- Explore the art and science of Sequencing
- Discover the healing power of Ayurveda
- Find & Empower your Voice
- Enhance your knowledge & experience with a Yoga Art Studio (You will take home 4 special art projects reflecting your experience!)
- And more!
Program also includes a requirement of attending 20 hours of yoga instruction at Bhava, which comes out to about 1 class/week throughout the training. All workshops at Bhava can be counted towards the 20 hours.
Students are eligible for Yoga Alliance registration upon completion.
All trainees receive UNLIMITED FREE CLASSES for the duration of the training.
Benefits to You:
- More than Teaching ~ This training Program begins with an immersion into yoga’s philosophy, method and practice, where you will deepen, advance and refine your understanding and practice of yoga. As you head into the second half, you will learn how to speak from the perspective of “looking for the good”, becoming your own teacher first.
- Hands-On Approach ~ Learn how to safely and effectively share the gift of yoga with others, and how to guide students in connecting to the beauty of their hearts. You will practice teaching your peers in small groups. Practicing teaching is key to becoming an effective and compassionate teacher.
- Unlimited Membership (free) ~ Through regular practice you will more easily integrate the teachings and develop your understanding of yoga. And, with regular and consistent practice you will become strong physically and mentally!
- 7-Month Training Program ~ The 200 hour Teacher Training Program at Bhava spans an 7-month period to allow ample time for you to integrate the teachings, so that the training is not separate from your life, but very much a part of it. We find students retain more and grow more confident as teachers and practitioners with this approach.
- Experienced & Knowledgeable Teachers ~ You will learn from some of Albuquerque’s most successful and beloved teachers with a over 100 years combined teaching experience.
- Anyone Can Attend ~ The program is appropriate for any interested yoga student looking to deepen their experience and understanding of yoga, even if not interested in teaching yoga.
- Discover your Yoga Family ~ When you step into a yoga training program, you are not only serving yourself, but you are also supporting those around you. Together with your fellow students you will develop lifelong friendships who help shape your experienced as a yogi and human.
8 Weekends, September 2018 – March 2019
Module 1: Sept 21 – 23, 2018
Module 2: Oct 26 – 28, 2018
Module 3: Nov 16 – 18, 2018
Module 4: Dec 7 – 9, 2018
Module 5: Jan 4 – 6, 2019
Module 6: Jan 18 – 20, 2019
Module 7: Feb 22 – 24, 2019
Module 8: Mar 22 – 24, 2019
Meet Your Guest Teachers:
- Bea Doyle
- Tim Butler
- Mimi Ludden
- Darci Lobdell
- Kendra Ricker & Ben Kramer
Deposit $500 |due by Sept 1, 2018
Early Bird Full Payment $3,150 | due by Aug 21, 2018
Full Payment: $3,300 | due by Sept 15, 2018
Monthly Payment Plan Contract | 7 payments of $430 charged the 15th of each month Sept 2018 – Mar 2019
(tax not included)
Payment includes unlimited classes during the duration of the program and a 6 months of $79/month studio membership after training; tax and text books not included.
Submit your Application:
Deepen your personal practice and share your LOVE for yoga
If you are interested in a Payment Plan, please email us at
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume I by Ray Long, MD
- The Bhagavad Gita by Eashwaran, Eknath
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- Any version of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Bhava Yoga’s 200-Hour Home Coming to the Heart Manual
- Hatha Yoga in the Anusara Style by Doug Keller (optional)
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda (optional)
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume 2 by Ray Long, MD (optional)
Marisol Brito ~
Marisol brings over 25 years of teaching experience. As a certified personal trainer and group fitness instructor with experience teaching many modalities of exercise, Marisol as a solid awareness of the human form and is able to hone in on ways to improve each student’s yoga practice. In 2008, she earned her 200-hour yoga teacher training certificate and began instructing yoga too. An avid health enthusiast, she enjoys teaching others new and creative ways to live a healthy, balanced life. She began practicing 16 years ago after looking for a way to counter the effects of running and a hectic life as an engineer. Yoga fit the bill; her first class was all it took. Since then, she has practiced Ashtanga, Anusara and various other forms of Hatha yoga. She is a registered Experienced-Yoga Alliance 200-hour certified instructor with over 2,000 teaching hours. She is now pursuing her Yoga Alliance 500 hour and Anusara Inspired designations. She brings experience, enthusiasm and a sense of humor to her yoga classes, creating an atmosphere that helps students stretch beyond their comfort zone and try something new. Marisol’s natural gift of teaching allows her to connect with students by meeting them where they are guiding them to discover their fullest potential. To Marisol, Yoga is more than just exercise, but a vehicle to transforming your life. She believes that the pure enjoyment of practice is where peace is found. It is with much happiness that she continues to pass along the teachings that have supported and uplifted her life. And, it is much gratitude that she is shares the teachings that her teachers (Bea Doyle, Desire Rumbaugh, Carlos Pomeda and many more) shared with her. She believes that practicing yoga will help one realize an incredible life that is both satisfying and surprising…. Step into your practice today!
Bea Doyle ~
Bea is a Functional Yoga Educator and Yoga Therapist. Her trainings and workshops foster a playful, focused and supportive environment for learning, and empower her students to step into their personal journey, be it for self-care, or for sharing yoga’s gifts with others. Her enthusiasm for health, her belief that everything is figure-outable, and her commitment to service are her whys for teaching. She holds certifications in Anusara Yoga, Yoga Tune Up® Fitness Therapy, The Roll Model Method and with the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Learn more about Bea at www.beadoyle.com
There are no refunds for the Immersion, teacher trainings and mentorship programs. Any time missed may be made up the following year without an additional charge, if the program is offered. Refunds for personal or medical emergencies may be considered on a case-by-case basis with written notice, less a 15% admin fee.